The Koram Centre.
Counselling, psychotherapy and psychosocial support.
Who Are We?
The Koram Centre is a registered charity, offering professional therapeutic intervention and psychosocial support. All of our counsellors and psychotherapists are highly qualified and work in line with such professional standards as BPS, BACP and BABCP.
We are independent in our style of working but we all share a common passion for therapy and a commitment to emotional wellbeing.
We have 18 therapists working from 2 and 3 Mourne Villas, Lower Main Street, Strabane and several outreach venues. Our therapists are compassionate and dedicated to their clients.
We place a high priority on discretion and confidentiality for all of our clients.
What we do:
We offer first-rate counselling and psychotherapeutic services that include:
Face to face counselling- integrative and person centred.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
Child and adolescent counselling.
Solution focused brief therapy.
Areas of speciality include (but are not limited to):
Abuse, addiction anger, anxiety, bereavement, cancer counselling, complicated grief, depression, eating disorders, learning disability (autism), lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender counselling, low self esteem, marriage, relationship, trauma, phobias, PTSD, paranoia, postnatal depression, multi cultural issues, panic disorder, self development, work and carer, self harm and suicide intervention, obsessive compulsive disorder, suicidal ideation, self harm and stress management
As part of the care package some clients may like to avail of complimentary therapy (massage, reiki, reflexology).
We work with adults, couples, families, adolescents and children.
What can we offer you?
- We are an established practice with a proven track record of client commitment.
- We are dedicated to helping those who wish to improve their mood and emotional wellbeing.
- The therapists draw upon a number of different approaches according to your needs.
- We act with integrity and compassion.
- We continue to develop an organisation that cares, is dynamic, is ambitious and is fit for the future.
- We have late night openings for your convenience.
Call us for a chat to see how we can help you today.
We have an open door policy and a drop in facility, which means you can come in at any time to talk to someone on a one to one basis, if you feel it is urgent; if you are struggling.
To make an appointment please call us on 02871886181.
“If you are reading this and have been suffering in silence, you may feel frightened and in emotional pain, my message to you is that you do not have to go through this alone, we are here to help, we want to help, we will provide you with a safe space with a trusted and highly trained therapist, who will have lots of experience of working therapeutically with others who feel as you do now, we will listen and support you through this.”
Wenda Graham –Manager.
Our vision: Mental health and wellbeing for all.
- We provide a high quality professional service.
- We enable positive outcomes for people who use the service.
- We act with integrity and compassion.
- We engage and inspire each other.
Our mission statement:
To offer therapeutic support to those in pain and despair and to promote positive mental health. In furtherance of this mission, the trustees are committed to campaigning, the provision of high quality services and supporting people in emotional distress or mental illness including their families and carer’s.
Trustees recognise the need to plan effectively for the future in order to carry this out and, during 2015-2016, the Board of Trustees developed into a five year vision for what they would like to see happen for people struggling with emotional distress or mental illness and their families.
The vision identifies four overarching objectives:
- The provision of professional high standard therapeutic interventions
- Ensure people get the right services and support at the right time.
- Promote psychosocial activities aimed at maintaining good mental health.
- Continue to develop an organisation that cares, is dynamic, is ambitious and is fit for the future.
ARTICLES AND MEMORANDUM OF COMPANY
Koram Wellbeing is a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity managed by a voluntary Board of Directors.
The Articles of Association are the governing documents of Koram Centre Company Ltd. The Articles were reviewed and updated with the Charities Commission NI and Companies House in 2015.